AirTanker Services’ new Aeronautical Engineering Apprenticeship
Scheme can offer you the opportunity to join a unique team who support both the
Royal Air Force and Civilian Commercial airlines worldwide.
An accredited two-year apprenticeship that will provide you
with specialist hand skills, fault diagnosis capabilities and experience of
maintenance practices associated with complex aircraft mechanical and avionics
You will be working towards:
• A City & Guilds 2675 Technical Level 3 Diploma
• An Extended NVQ in Aeronautical Engineering
• An EASA Part-66 Category A Licence
Initially, you will attend a regulatory approved 9 month residential
foundation course with a City & Guilds 2675 Technical Level 3 Diploma
syllabus, provided by our training partner Resource Group, using their Aviation
Technical Training facility, located at Cotswold Airport.
Your remaining time will be spent at your new home AirTanker
Services, RAF Brize Norton where you will participate in specialist Practical
and On the Job Training at AirTanker, working shoulder to shoulder with
Civilian and RAF engineers towards your extended NVQ Level 3 in Aeronautical
You will receive coaching from a dedicated training mentor coupled
with full support from the Voyager Training Service team, who will guide you
through your two year programme.
on successful completion of your training, you may have the opportunity to
apply for a Fleet Engineering role with us where you will be able to apply for
your EASA Part-66 Category A Licence.
Want to apply?
recruitment process looks for individuals who can demonstrate an interest in
mechanical and/or avionic systems. We are looking for a team player with good communication
skills and a passion for Engineering.
As part of the application you will need to undertake a health assessment, provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK and pass our security vetting requirements.
- At least five GCSE'S (A to C) or equivalent, including English, Maths and a Science subject.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- All applicants must have a valid UK passport and be prepared to undertake aptitude tests prior to the start of the course.
- A unique learning and working environment
- Competitive starting salary
- Opportunity for progression
- A dedicated training package with full support
- Access to AirTanker Services welfare and employee benefits in line with your role
- A sound foundation in Civil and Military Aviation Engineering
How to apply?
Applications for the September 2016 course have now closed but keep yourself updated on the latest news and events happening at AirTanker via our website and follow us of Facebook at 'AirTanker Careers' and also on Twitter @AirTanker.
You can sign up below to be kept informed of future apprenticeship updates and opportunities.