The qualification you will work towards will be the AAT (The Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 4 Diploma.
See below the course break down:
- The course will start in September 2017, the successful applicant would start with both our training provider and AirTanker at this time
- In the first year you will study to complete the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2
- From September 2018, you will then study to complete the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma, the duration for this is 18 months
- Once you have completed the Level 3 qualification (above) you will study to complete the AAT Level 4 Diploma, the duration for this is also 18 months
To complete levels 2, 3 and 4 the overall duration for this apprenticeship will be 4 years.
Due to the requirements of the apprenticeship, travel to various sites will be required; therefore you will need to manage the travel to and from these sites accordingly.
You will receive coaching from a dedicated training mentor at AirTanker and full support from the AirTanker Finance team. You will also receive support from our training provider; both parties will guide you throughout your Apprenticeship.
We would like to confirm there is no guarantee of a role with AirTanker at the end of the apprenticeship.
To undertake the requisite training in order to complete the AirTanker Finance Apprenticeship Scheme, leading to a nationally recognised qualification. To satisfactorily complete all Finance tasks in support of personal development and gain experience in both meeting regulatory financial requirements and supporting the day to day financial activities of an organisation. This will be under the direct supervision of an appropriately appointed and qualified Mentor.
- To complete a programme of foundation training conducted both on and offsite with the Company Partnered Training Provider.
- To complete satisfactory portfolios of evidence to ultimately work towards levels 2, 3 and 4 of the professional accountancy AAT qualification.
- To become proficient in the application of accountancy principles and tools.
- To gain experience in the finance activities of the organisation as directed by the appointed Mentor, under the supervision of an appropriately qualified member of the Finance Team.
- To ensure that the company internal policies and procedures are read, understood and are adhered to.
- Conduct any such duties that may be required from time to time, and as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Demonstrate a flexible and positive approach to all tasks.
- Demonstrate integrity and confidentiality in all aspects of the role.
About the person
It is essential for applicants to have:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at Grade C or above including English and Maths.
- A demonstrable interest in Finance through school or hobby interests.
- To be fully IT literate and be familiar with Microsoft Office software.
- The ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal, communication and literacy skills.