The Ground Operations’ Apprentice will work through a Level 3 Aviation Ground Specialist Apprenticeship, specifically designed to foster the core knowledge, technical disciplines, skills and behaviours needed to provide a valuable kick start to an exciting aviation career.
In conjunction with the government standard learning workshops and assignments, the successful individual will be supported throughout the 18-month apprenticeship scheme. Support will be provided by both the AirTanker Ground Operations Management Team and a registered Apprenticeship Training Provider, through 3-way learner reviews and distance learning.
Following the 18-month apprenticeship there may be an opportunity to secure a further 12 months fixed term contract with AirTanker. This will allow you to put the skills and knowledge gained throughout the apprenticeship into practice, with the possibility to specialise in a particular discipline or skillset.
AirTanker has a proven history of providing highly valued apprenticeship opportunities, with a high percentage of previous apprentices going on to permanent employment.
During a comprehensive on-the-job training package, the successful individual will gain insight and an understanding of the varied and complex processes of operating wide bodied A330-200 aircraft safely around the globe, often in challenging and demanding conditions.
Some of the subjects covered throughout training will be:
• Compliance and Legislation
• Interpersonal Skills
• Aviation Systems (Flight Planning, Aircraft Performance, Mass and Balance, etc.)
• Disruption Incidents and Emergencies
• Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Air
• Aviation Timescales
• Supporting the Operation
• Monitoring the Weather
• Reducing Aviation Hazards
• Resolving Multi-Faceted Aviation Issues
On successful completion of the End Point Assessment the apprentice will be issued with an Institute’s Certificate specifying the standard and grade achieved.
• A GCSE certificate Grade A* - C or equivalent in English & Maths is required
• Able to demonstrate a sound external perspective of the company, our fleet and our customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• IT Literacy with MS Office Skills
• An evident interest in the aviation industry
• A positive attitude with an eagerness to learn and self-develop
• Able to work effectively within diverse teams, but also using own initiative
• Possess a professional, friendly, and customer-focused personality
• Have the ability to work under pressure, prioritising workload and multi-tasking where required
• Able to problem solve and think outside of the box
The successful candidate will spend 80% of their time in the work environment, and 20% on training and development. The working hours will vary and may also include working a shift pattern, as and when required.
Candidates must be in possession of a current UK Passport and it is desirable that the candidate will possess a Full UK driving license.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to:
Closing date: 23rd June 2019
Follow us on the following social media channels: